CALL FOR PAPERS
Cloud Assisted Services Conference – CLASS 2016
Clouds towards Smart Cities, Smart Energy, Intelligent Transport Systems, Advanced Manufacturing and eHealth
8-9 November 2016, Ljubljana, Slovenia
The CLASS 2016 Conference is a major regional event in Cloud computing. This year it will get together stakeholders from smart application domains such as Smart Cities, Smart Energy, Intelligent Transport Systems, Advanced Manufacturing and eHealth.
The European Cloud Initiative – Building a competitive data and knowledge economy in Europe aims to strengthen the Europe’s position in data-driven innovation, improve the competitiveness of EU countries and regions to create a Digital Single Market in Europe. In this context, the CLASS event investigates future directions in Europe for Cloud computing in the above mentioned applications domains. The aim is to foster regional and wider collaboration between industry and academia.
Cloud computing users and services providers are most welcome to present their results and elaborate their needs and their offerings – it therefore equally allows participants to promote results and products, as well as to exchange knowledge and initiate collaborations. The conference allows dedicated satellite networking and matchmaking workshops and events.
CLASS is soliciting submissions for position papers and regular research papers to be presented during the event. Post-proceedings for the quality research contributions will be organized in the International Journal of Computing and Informatics Informatica.
Topics addressed by the conference
- Smart Cities, Communities, Urban Life and Mobility
- Smart Agriculture & Smart Wood
- Smart Factories & Industry 4.0
- eHealth & Well-Being
- Other areas of interest
From technology view point
- Cloud computing
- Internet of Things
- Big Data technologies
- Software Defined Networking
- Network Function Virtualisation
- Service Function Chaining
From organisational view point
- Testing and experimentation of technologies to accelerate standards setting including in relevant public-private partnerships
- Digital public services – modernizing digital public services to make the EU a better place to live, work and invest
- Free flow of data – removing unnecessary restrictions and aligning national systems for better flow of data within the EU
- Skills and jobs: reinforcing the role of industry and research organizations in the Grand Coalition for Digital Jobs and stimulate further commitment from industry to take action
- Improving the understanding of skills requirements for new technologies in all sectors of the economy.
- Coordination among Member States Building on and complementing the many national initiatives for digitizing industry, such as Industrie 4.0 in Germany, Smart Industry in the Netherlands and in Slovakia, Fabbrica Intelligente in Italy or Industrie du Futur in France.
The Cloud Assisted Services Conference – CLASS 2016 will bring together key actors from the Cloud and Big Data worlds to discuss about related research challenges, required policies, and available technical solutions. Particular focus will be given to the presentation of the digital needs and advancements of the whole South East Europe region.
This is an open Call for Papers inviting researchers, and solutions and services providers to present their works in the above mentioned areas. The CLASS 2016 Conference intends to have a strong networking focus offering especially to small businesses and SMEs the possibility to present their work, through exhibition and networking facilities.
Please submit your contributions to EasyChair installation of the conference accessible here: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=classconference2016
- Crossing regional opportunities with topics from the ICT Work programme of the European Commission.
- Aligning local digital strategies from regions including North Germany, South Greece, East Italy and West Hungary, Romania and everything in between with EU research programs.
- Fostering participation of potentially interested parties, such as SMEs, VC, other industries and users.
- Connecting EU research developments to the Digital Single Market and the Cloud (through workshops & tutorials or panel discussions).
Deadlines and other important dates:
- Deadline for paper submissions/workshop/tutorial proposals: September 23th, 2016
- Notification of paper/workshop/tutorial acceptance: October 10th, 2016
- Deadline for paper submission for post proceedings: October 25th, 2016
International Programme Committee (PC):
- Dalibor Baškovč
- Martin Brynskov
- Alex Delis
- Michel Drescher
- Nick Ferguson
- Boris Horvat
- Matjaž B. Jurič
- Andreja Kutnar
- Zoran Marinšek
- Lutz Schubert
- Vlado Stankovski
- Cedric Thomas
- Eleni Toli
- Roman Trobec
- David Wallom
- Keith G Jeffery
- Philippe Massonet
- Danilo Ardagna
- Leire Orue-Echevarria Arrieta
- Jörn Altmann
- Beniamino Di Martino
- Georgina Maria Gallizo Rueda
- Maciej Malawski
Instructions for Authors:
General contact information:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Dalibor Baškovč, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration & Payment:
- E-mail: email@example.com